Monday, October 6, 2014

Trip to Normandy/Paris

Have always wanted to revive the blog with nature stuff but I guess I don't have the time for that.

Been busy with school and trainings and whatnots.

This trip to Normandy has definitely widened my vision, reignited my passion and refueled my determination. I think I can understand why people train so hard and fight so hard to be in the Top 8 or to be in the team, to go there to play against the stronger opponents. Those people there are really much different from those that we see in Singapore. I'm glad that I got the chance to be exposed and seen this at such an early (?) age.

Weather was cold but we fought hard. I think this is the first time we were so focused in polo. First time we felt like we are full-time/world-class athletes with little kids my height running to us for our signatures. Felt so cool and awesome. Watching the best players up close from all over the world congregating in a small town, displaying their skills and awing the spectators; small movements that can never be seen through videos; experience that can never be expressed in words. Makes me want to train harder, be a better player, and come back to meet these people again. But for now, I just want to improve my skills, my fitness and be a better player.

Paris was a nice place, but i guess it's not a place for me. There's nothing much to do other than shopping and eating. Never understood why branded goods are so appealing to people. I was wowed when I saw people/families spending money on those like as though they were buying groceries. Perhaps i'll only understand this a few years later. Disneyland was fun, but I concluded that I don't like to travel in big groups. And i concluded that museums and art works don't really appeal to me. Although the zoo and the aquarium were not as big/diverse as the others that i've seen, I still enjoyed it the most. The zoo was especially clean and spacious. The aquarium had a mixture of stuff that I didn't expect. And of course the great company that I had was awesome (:

Missing the time I had in Normandy, where I loved warming up in the cold weather, but hated going down into the freezing water. Playing polo in such cold temperatures were fun cos it makes me want to paddle faster and I don't feel the sore or fatigue in the water. BUT out of water it's another matter.

I don't regret spending so much time and money there. I hope that my tiny brain can capture and remember every single moment that I've experienced there and churn them into sources of motivation for the next few years of my life.

#backtoreality

For now, I need to catch up with school work and train harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment